Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In HIS Hands

  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  -Jeremiah 29:11-13

  The first part of this verse was, for a long time, my favorite verse...my "security blanket." You know...God has everything planned out and it'll all be good...no worries. It took me a long time to realize that I should continue reading...we will find God when we seek HIM with all of our hearts. It took me a long time and a lot of excuses to decide to go to Ukraine this summer. I'm not going to lie and say I'm going fearlessly; it's quite the contrary. I'm scared to death (don't tell my mom! :) ) --but not for my safety or because I think I may not enjoy my time there; I'm scared that I won't be open enough to God's plan to truly fulfill it and that I will reach the end of the trip wondering, "What did I really do here?" I'm still praying for God to make me fearless. If you're reading this...I would really appreciate it if I made it into your prayers too. God made this promise in Jeremiah, but then we were given this commandment by Jesus:

  "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."  -Matthew 28: 18-20

  So, here I go...

4 comments:

  1. There's no doubt in my mind that you will be open to His leading. I've seen you grow so much in the last year. Can't wait to see your posts. Praying for you and love you. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be in my prayers! I am so excited for you and what God has in store for you! Have fun serving our Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot expess the pride I have for you and the excitement I have to see God at work in my little sister's life! I was sitting on the beach just the other day, watching you and Stephen in the ocean with your "loves" and Dad...my kids were at the shoreline. You can imagine the view...it was a little surreal. You and Stephen should be those kiddos playing at the shoreline, yet you are all grown up and have become beautiful people! I had an emotional moment...much like I am having now...I love you so much and I will be praying for you in the following weeks! I KNOW you are going to have an awesome time in Ukraine; your home away from home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious girl you are! god's speed!

    ReplyDelete